FC UnitedTarporley Victoria   

Match Report

OppositionTarporley Victoria
VenueGoredale Avenue, Gorton, Manchester, M18 7HD, Abbey Stadium
CompetitionCheshire Association Football League
0 (0)-1 (0)
Match Report
A well organised Tarporley side left FC’s second string frustrated on a blustery afternoon at the Abbey Stadium. The first half was evenly matched but saw the visitors go in front from a “cracker from Clacher” (© Mike Molloy!) on the half hour mark as United failed to defend a corner.

The second half saw FC United camped in the oppositions half but only managed to cause Tarporley any serious problems in the last 20 minutes

with virtually one way traffic towards their goal. The home side went close to grabbing an equaliser on a couple of occasions in the closing moments but the visitors from deepest Cheshire clung on for victory and the valuable three points.

No real standout performers on the day from FC – Mike Sacks had a good first half, Ben Blundell delivered some penetrating crossing after coming from the bench and man of the match Kyle Harrop kept the home side driving forward throughout.

No excuses, but the state of the Abbey Hey pitch isn’t helping FC’s style of football and Matty Hampsons’ calm passing game was also missed after being called into the first team squad.

Also a mention for defender Ryan Marley, who picked up a serious knee injury last month versus Grappenhall Sports and now looks set to miss out on the rest of the season.

FC United Reserves

1 Tony Tompos
2 Dominic Stockdale
3 Renee Mike
4 Adam Turner
5 Mike Sacks
6 Kyle Harrop
7 Warren Collier
8 Jamie Rother (capt)
9 Martin Cosgrave
10 Jamie Rothwell
11 Anthony O Neill

14 Ben Blundell (for 8, 60 mins)
15 Craig Corneille (for 11, 60 mins)
16 Lee Ellis (for 3, 69 mins)

Tarporley Victoria

1 Paul Gregory
2 Luke Heritage
3 Darren Richards
4 Nick Abson
5 Damien Woods (capt)
6 Ryan Broadhead
7 Aaron Brown
8 Andy Clacher
9 Henry Buckley
10 Alex Moore
11 Dan Haralambous

12 Matt Dean
14 Andy Marlor (for 11, 85 mins)
15 Mike Parker

Goal Scorer:
Clacher 30